Monday, April 29, 2013

Boston Marathon Recovery

After reading a recent story in the Boston Globe, I thought of the true emotions a reader can have while reading an article. Emotional connection is important while writing an article. "Paul and J.P. Norden, Jarrod Clowery, and their tight band of buddies from Stoneham cemented their friendship on fishing trips and work sites, during poker games and by just being together" this background of the characters helps the reader connect and this is something that I've been told to work on. The background and activities show aspects of these characters that help the reader see who they truly are in a positive aspect. I enjoyed reading this piece because not only did I get a true feel for both victims but it was also tied with a current event that is highly read in the news recently. This way it was a favorite among readers, including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment