Saturday, February 9, 2013

Inside Reporting first look

When ordering my books for this coming second semester I saw the Inside Reporting book and decided  it would be the only book I wouldn't rent. I wanted to keep it because it seemed like it was going to help me massively with journalism and writing my articles. I was right. I had already looked at the textbook before class. I loved how the first few pages were history of the newspaper and it's golden age. It also shares when cable news started, which is what I am mainly interested in. Broadcasting thrills me, and it shares the history of when it became at large in the 1960's. It's remarkable seeing pictures of newspapers recording the most biggest landmarks in history. Like men walking on the moon and World War II. The different forms of knowledge through words, timelines, graphs, and photos makes me very happy that I didn't just rent this book. The graph on page 15 is very interesting, and inviting because it looks like getting news through cable is still the top contender and has been for over ten years now! Now just to get a job as a broadcaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment