Sunday, February 24, 2013

Writing Leads

I'm not used to writing articles. This class is new to me because I've always thought I could use a lot of work in my articles. I think what I mainly need to work on is my leads. I usually get very good quotes from my interviewees and ask great questions so the body of my articles are solid. But the leads and conclusions need work.
In class I find it much easier for some reason. When it actually comes down to pen and paper I have trouble writing a creative lead. I look through the textbook at the leads that succeed chapter but for some reason still have trouble. At the top of the page advising how to write a great lead, it is completely accurate. It shows pictures with captions saying write, toss it out, write, toss it out, over and over again. I think I just need to spend more time getting used to writing better leads because it's definitely the most important part of the story to grasp your reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment